Monday, December 15, 2008

Musings.

This weekend I played alone in Connecticut because John was busy visiting Jurassic Park in Florida. I hate that I get so lonely when John is gone and I have so many friends in the city, so this shouldn't be an issue! However loneliness struck, so I decided to hop in the car and drive down to Connecticut to see my mother sing, go to a friend's Christmas party, and try to finish my Christmas shopping so that I wouldn't have to spend the next week-and-a-half running around like a madwoman.

I managed to finish all these tasks with minimal bumps and bruises, and I'm hoping that the next few days fly by. I'm so ready for Christmas AND a break.

I was thinking about how I'd feel if I didn't see my family for Christmas. Fortunately, my family and John's family only live about 40 minutes apart, so we're able to see both families during the holidays. I'm not a person who can be very far from my family. This doesn't mean that I'm dependent on them for my own well-being, but I grew up separated from most of my relatives because my family moved so often, and now that my brothers and I have scattered to different parts of the country, it's important to me that we keep our bond.

I am determined to keep in touch with my parents and my brothers. My parents are so far away from their own families, and it's often hard for them, especially during the holidays. I don't want to have to be far away from my family. I want to be able to visit when I want, and spend as much time as possible with them.

I certainly have gotten the long end of the stick! Not only do I have my family, but I have John's family as well. They have welcomed me with open arms, something I was hesitant about because I was so nervous about "imposing" or encroaching myself on them. However, they've never been anything less than warm and loving. I'm looking forward to spending time with them during the holidays as well.

2 families, oh my! I can't wait for Christmas.

1 comment:

Tina Leigh said...

Did you know that your blog comes up as a sponsored link when I search for it??