Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sticky Toffee for Breakfast!


When I got in to work this morning, I found a lovely surprise waiting for me on my desk. Some lovely Christmas wrapping paper and some Helen Grace English Toffee! It occurred to me that the name of this blog is named Sticky Candy, but I've never actually written a post about my favorite thing to eat: candy.

My love affair with candy didn't start until I was about 17 or 18. I wasn't allowed to have many sweets as a child, but once I became old enough to realize that my parents couldn't dictate my diet, I started eating every single piece of candy I could find.

I'm not your usual sweets girl. I'm not that into chocolate, but I love anything that has electric colors not found in nature with names such as "Tropical Twist" and "Berry Blast". In essence, I am a 7 year old trapped in a 24 year old body. Some of my favorite treats to eat? Gushers. You probably all had them as children, but growing up, I was forbidden to touch them without specific instructions from my mother. The first box of Gushers I ever bought for myself was when I was 19 years old. I ate the entire box. All 6 packs.

Suffice to say, I have a bit of an addiction.

I had two of the toffee squares this morning for breakfast. They were delicious, coated in chocolate with just the right amount of crunch. The peanuts on the outside were a nice touch. Plus, they come in a pretty purple box and make you feel all special when they appear at your work desk...even if you bought them for yourself.

I got my Helen Grace English Toffee from my Office Manager's daughter (one of those school drives, thus the mention of the wrapping paper), but you can get them at helengrace.com. Yum!

No comments: