Monday, October 27, 2008

Social Experiment Alert!

I'm no social media expert, but I've been trying to educate myself slowly about different social networking tools that are focused on or around the internet. I recently joined Twitter (follow me at dani_seaton); I know it's been around for a long time, but I have to admit that I wasn't sure how Twitter worked before I joined it. I still don't know how it works, but I like it as an outlet for the very many random thoughts that pop and sputter in my head throughout the day.

Anyway, today I stumbled across this website called Twistori, a website handcrafted by Amy Hoy and Thomas Fuchs as an ongoing social experiment based on Twitter. It provides a dynamic stream of tweets that center around the words love, hate, think, believe, feel, and wish.

It's like some sort of voyeuristic experience for those who are looking at human behavior via how they tweet. I'm also hoping that it will help me further understand how and why people use Twitter to communicate.

Why do I use Twitter? For the same reasons I write this blog: It's nice to know that people are interested in hearing your voice.

No comments: