Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day


I feel like I am singlehandedly responsible for giving everyone cavities in my office, but I just love a commercial holiday.

Last night I attempted to be crafty and failed miserably, making Valentine's Day "snowflakes" instead of hearts. I mean, there were some heart shapes involved. I gave one to a friend today and was told, affectionately, that "This is some real old-fashioned kindergarten shit". My heart swelled. Seriously. Needless to say, I bought the rest of my valentines.

Valentine's Day is one of those holidays that is COMPLETELY unnecessary, but I like to spread the love {ha!} any way that I can. My coworkers got roses, and my office got an assorted supply of candy. John's getting his mini valentine tomorrow, and you'd best believe it will be cavity inducing. I feel like this holiday can be such a bummer for people, and I acknowledge that being single in your 20s on a holiday like this can admittedly be pretty crummy.

Therefore, HAPPY EARLY VALENTINE'S DAY, and I hope you all get some candy or some roses, or a big smooch from someone special in your life.

Spreading love all over the internet,

D {xoxo}

No comments: