Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Paris Design Guide

My beautiful friend Erin alerted me to Design*Sponge's Paris Design Guide, just in time for me to check it out before I leave in March.

I used to live in Paris for a year while I was in university. None of my classes were in English, and I lived with a French host family, and I took classes with other French students at Paris IV (La Sorbonne) and L'Institut Catholique. I had a great time, though I will never live there again. It's too xenophobic and racist for my taste. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that I don't love it. In fact, Paris is one of my favorite places in the world, and a place that I will keep going back to.

I'm excited about this guide! Not only does it reference the "regulars", it also points out a few of my favorite places off the beaten path, like Antoine et Lili (clothes store AND cafe all in one), A La Mere de Famille, and Parc Monceau (right around the corner from where I used to live). I'm also looking forward to going to some of the places I never went to while I was there, such as the Catacombs (which I've being dying to see) and les bateaux mouches (though it probably will be too cold and gray for me to want to be on the water)

However, I would like to add in a few places of my own, such as L'As du Falafel (BEST FALAFEL AND SCHWARMA IN THE WORLD. Seriously.)in the Marais and Chez Marie in Montmartre (talk about divine chocolate mousse).

xx D