Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ballet Practice


{One day I too will look like this.}

Last night, I had my very first ballet class. And I mean very first. I've done some dance, mostly in college and in front of my mirror, but I've never done a form of dance that adheres so strictly to positions! Basically, for an anal-retentive freak like me, ballet is EXACTLY the kind of dance that I should be doing.

I totally thought that I was going to be amazing. And I wasn't. Maybe I was the best of the worst, but that's not saying much. I had so much fun, but I had NO IDEA that ballet was so difficult! I mean, even my neck muscles hurt! I'm so excited because it's a completely different kind of workout that I'm used to. I usually do the "gym routine", 30-45 minutes of cardio, 20 of weight-lifting, etc., or yoga which is supposed to be mutually beneficial to ballet, but after an hour and a half of pointing my poor toes and painfully twisting my legs to resemble something like what my teacher was showing me, I realize that I was totally, totally mistaken.

I had the best hour and a half of my life. I can't wait to go back.

2 comments:

Meg said...

yay! that's so exciting! ballet is amazing, maybe i'll come up to boston and crash a class ; )

Danielle said...

you totally should! but you definitely would show me and the other people in my class up!