Tuesday, November 25, 2008

T minus 2 days until my second favorite holiday!

I'm really excited for Thanksgiving this year. It's going to be a little chaotic, because this is the first year I'm attempting to do two Thanksgivings. John always comes to my house for Thanksgiving (and Christmas, for that matter), but we've been dating for a little over 3 years, and I think it's about time I let him know that I value his family as much as my own. Plus, the prospect of having 2 delicious Thanksgiving meals is way too good to pass up.

I'm going to attempt to make 2 batches of delicious treats, one for John's family and one for my own. This is dangerous because 1.) This means I have to get into the kitchen before my mother on Thurday morning, and 2.) My mother wakes up at 6 a.m. to prepare a meal that will inevitably be on the table by 9 p.m. Oh well, the chaos just adds to the warm and cozy setting of the house...I hope.

I'll be missing my older younger brother this year; he'll be staying in California until Christmas. He just moved out there, but holidays just aren't the same when your family can't be together. John's just going to have to pick up Adam's slack, something that I'm sure he'll be willing to do. John is the only person I know whose stomach seems to expand solely for the holidays. Last year, he had Thanksgiving dinner at his house (eating multiple portions), and then came down to my house (his family lives about 30 minutes away from mine in Connecticut) where he continued to eat. We had no turkey left by the end of the night.

I'm having a little get together on Friday with some old friends, which is nice because I haven't seen them in quite a while. Should be fun, with lots of drinks and catching up.

Saturday, John and I are going to his Aunt's birthday party, where we will have another feast and promptly pass out when we get home.

Sunday's home time, where I will try and convince John to decorate our apartment with Christmas knick knacks and doodads. It's going to be a busy, busy weekend, but so much fun!

What are you lovelies doing for the holidays? Do you have any delicious holiday recipes for me?

No comments: