Monday, March 2, 2009

Paris, ma choupette, je t'adore.



{Photos courtesy of Your Destiny is Stone Golden}

I leave for Paris in 5 days and it couldn't be at a better time. It's snowing yet again in Boston, after flirting with the first brief kisses of Spring, and I can't begin to tell you how stagnant I feel. I need to suspend my real life for a little fantaisie.

Bonbon Oiseau of Your Destiny is Stone Golden is in Paris right now and her photos are making me excited. There are flowers blooming, and the sun is shining. It's also a good 20 degrees warmer there than it is here. Even if John and I weren't to do anything but sit in our hotel room, it will be nice to get away.

I used to live in Paris so this vacation is more of a homecoming. We're staying 3 streets away from where I used to live, in a quiet little arrondissement, far from the hustle and bustle of the big city. I like it that way. Though I won't be able to visit my little attic garret (from which you could see the Eiffel Tower), my old memories are sweet, and I have no doubt that the new memories I will make will be even sweeter.

Oh, I'm so close.


No comments: