Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Travels: New York, NY

I usually don't travel much in my day-to-day life, but recently I've been making all sorts of trips to not-so-far-off places.  I spent this weekend visiting dear friends in New York (Brooklyn and Manhattan to be exact) and experiencing what the city had to offer.

Cambridge is my home, but goodness I love New York.  I love the kind of energy it produces--manic, magnetic, and buzzing.  Oh--and the people--the people!  Everyone is beautiful in New York, even if they're not.  How is that? How does that work?  Is there something in the water?

Maybe I drank the Kool-Aid, but luckily I like the taste of it.  Here's a sampling of what I did and who I saw while I was there (sans photos because I am sadly without a camera and I'm not the best cameraphone photographer):

Visited my famous blog friend (who also happens to be one of my dearest real-life friends).

Ate at this delicious sandwich shop.

Drooled over the goods at this store.

Ate at another delicious restaurant.

Brunched at this other delicious restaurant.

Then I finished off the weekend by having a home-cooked meal at my parents' house in Connecticut.  Not a bad weekend if I say so myself.




1 comment:

Allison said...

I ate at Goat Town when I was in NYC in June! We went for brunch and had beer cocktails. Yum.