Friday, May 6, 2011

Guess what?

I am being all sorts of grown up and attempting to buy a house with husby. Naturally, I thought that everything would fall into place, and I would have a house like this in no time:

Naturally, we bought it, and we can't wait to move in and have a million babies! Psike. Fooled you, didn't I? Oh yes, and by buying a house, I mean apartment. A tiny, tiny apartment.

Seriously though, buying an apartment is incredibly daunting and a massive, massive learning experience. One of the hardest things that I have had to deal with is what I can actually live with and what will actually drive me crazy, like my willingness to entertain the fact that I'm handy enough to combat anything: Oh yeah, I'll totally repair that hole in the floor on my own. For now, we can just put a rug over it!

I've found that Apartment Therapy has some good tips regarding purchasing a house, but I would love to hear about any tips YOU have for first-time apartment buyers. Any advice?

No comments: