Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pamper yourself!


One of my 743878932 resolutions for 2010 was to be kind to myself- the whole beatyourselfupeverydaybecauseyouarenotintelligentattractivelikeableskinnywittyloveablelawyerly deal is getting old for me (SO 2009). At 25, I shouldn't really whine about not being perfect because that is LAME.

Because I figured that this was a good way to spend the last precious moments of my winter break, I decided to have a decadent afternoon on Newbury Street yesterday in the snow with my fiance. My mission? Well, let's be honest here: my main mission was to spend my Anthropologie gift card that I got for Christmas. This was accomplished rather quickly and left me with a lot of time to kill before dinner at Stephanie's (by the way, their meatloaf is amazing, and this is coming from a girl who rarely eats red meat, let alone meatloaf with cheese, gravy and mashed potatoes).

SO. I decided to treat myself to some lovely bath and body goodies. Enter Sabon. I'm all about sensory experience and have been known to waste water for 30 minutes because I don't want to get out of the shower. I prefer Sabon's natural glycerin soaps in delicious flavors. I ended up getting a bar of their Kiwi Mango Rose Petals soap, and my shopping partner ended up with Ocean. At $6.25/lb, these soaps are not cheap, but as a mood elevator, they do wonders. If you go to the store itself, you can get your hands washed by one of the sales associates. I know, it sounds a little weird, but you get a lovely hand massage and soft, nice smelling hands afterwards. It's like the best part of a manicure! When you're feeling blue, it's the best place to go for a quick pick me up.

Sabon Newbury
129 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02116
Phone: (617) 236-1931
info@sabonnewbury.com

1 comment:

GM said...

I've been to one of their Manhattan stores, and their stuff smells so lovely!

Happy New Year!