Monday, July 13, 2009

The Uniform Project


I just came across The Uniform Project (well, not really, since everyone is blogging about it), and I think that it's an awesome idea.

Well done, and I hope you get many, many more readers.

Here it is:

Starting May 2009, I have pledged to wear one dress for one year as an exercise in sustainable fashion. Here’s how it works: There are 7 identical dresses, one for each day of the week. Every day I will reinvent the dress with layers, accessories and all kinds of accouterments, the majority of which will be vintage, hand-made, or hand-me-down goodies. Think of it as wearing a daily uniform with enough creative license to make it look like I just crawled out of the Marquis de Sade's boudoir.

The Uniform Project is also a year-long fundraiser for the Akanksha Foundation, a grassroots movement that is revolutionizing education in India. At the end of the year, all contributions will go toward Akanksha’s School Project to fund uniforms and other educational expenses for children living in Indian slums.

~The Uniform Project

2 comments:

Amanda Nicole said...

BIG props to this gal. Wow. She's single-handedly making us all feel silly about looking into a closet full of clothes and complaining that there's nothing to wear. In a good way, of course.

Danielle said...

I know, it's so awesome, isn't it?